Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Part Two - Julie Collins






























Good Morning Friends!

As promised, here is the second installment of introducing my friend Julie Collins.  Julie is an up and coming star.  She is a dynamic performer.  Please read my prior posting to learn all about her.  Today's entry is my interview I did with Julie. 

@dwo34:  Hi Julie! Please tell us about how you got involved with the "Hive Mind Movie"

@jc76:  I joined Twitter for other reasons than my music and acting but people knew I was Julie Collins from Myspace so music was talked about, Ladd & I started talking and he liked my "Turn This World Around" and said it would be a good song to open the film. So I agreed and the rest is history.


@dwo34:  Tell us about your roll in the movie

@jc76: Ladd then asked if I'd read for the part of Hive Mind I recorded the script and got it to him asap thankfully he liked what I did and I landed the role of The Hive mind .


@dwo34:  Did you have to do anything special to prepare yourself for the movie?

@jc76: I read the script a few times and familiarized myself with the character, I knew it was almost Borg like but sexy and sassy with a sense  of humour, I hope this comes across in my dialogue with Doug Trench, Last Man On Earth!


@dwo34: Tell me about your prior experiences in the entertainment field and how does the Hive Mind Movie compare

@jc76; since I was 3 I've Been performing on stage theatre & TV always auditioning for bands and playing for charity as a Madonna impersonator, films - I was  in Hitchhikers, Guide to the Galaxy and Wimbledon and also play lead role in Heather Brothers Production in a film called Bullets Buzz and Mr Fish, i have been an extra in so many things! I love it! (Laughs) I also secured a record deal in USA for 5 years in 2000 but my mother contracted cancer and I wanted to be with her. My deal expired in 2005.  I have released my work in iTunes & amazon now & hoping for another good deal.


@dwo34: What was most fun about being a part of this movie?

@jc76: I love the idea that all humans are devoured by me as hive! They will have no choice but to hear me sing Lol,


@dwo34: Your music is so cool, what and who are your inspirations?

@jc76: thanks. I have always sang since I was a small child I love Smokey Robinson & the Beatles Pink Floyd & older Madonna stuff! Karen Carpenter & Barbara Streisand were great singers to emulate.

The songs on my EP is a diary if you like of what I have done, I like to be varied, I'm no one trick pony (smiles and laughs)

@dwo34: What's on the horizon for Julie Collins?

@jc76: I'm recording all the time & looking to tour next year, hoping I land another deal again as I'm ready now more than ever to give it my best shot! I will act more as well if I get the chance, I believe I may work with Ladd again and  this time you'll see my face as well as hear my voice.

 I am aiming for the top! 


@dwo34: How can your fans stay in tune with you?

@jc76: my fans have been very loyal, I have Myspace friends that are like family now, some even have a poster of me on their Walls. You can find me

 Amazon for my work > http://bit.ly/25gdBI  http://hereico.me/JulieCollins xxxx        www.myspace.com/juliecollins                                            

  YouTube @  madjoolie 13

  EP Julie Collins (7 track) & The Hive Mind Movie are for sale now in Amazon. I'm sure people will love the film & dance and sing to my EP.


@dwo34:  Thank you so much Julie! You are an awesome performer! Keep rocking!

@jc76:      You are so welcome David.  I'm a firm believer of going for your dreams , I have been bullied taunted and upset by some people as they think I should get a proper job. Well this is my chosen field, entertainment and I love performing for you all!  Never be afraid to dream. Plus I'm a good role model as I'm a good size 12, I love my food, and I have many many stories. I'm going to write a book eventually! 


@dwo34: We can't wait. World, meet Julie Collins!


It's December 15, 2009 and I am Bullish on Sacramento and Julie Collins!


David Ohara

@dwo34

dwo34@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment