Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Search for a Home



Good Evening!

Continuing my comments on the changing real estate market here in Sacramento, let me introduce you to Ryno. Ryno is a first time buyer looking to purchase a home in the North Natomas area.  He is a high school teacher in the area, so he is looking for a home that does not have a long commute.  Ryno is a diligent buyer, he is pre-approved and has his funds ready to go.

Ryno gave me some parameters to work with and off we went.  The first time we looked at homes we had a list of about 6 homes.  We eliminated a couple of them when we pulled up because of the proximity to a negative feature (freeway or commercial building).  After looking at the homes, we were excited because there were some nice homes.  We decided to call it an evening.  I wanted Ryno to digest and process all that he saw.  When he called me the next morning, he wanted to go back to a couple of the homes we had toured.  I also checked the MLS updates to see if there were any new listings that we would be able to add on.

To my surprise, 3 of the 4 homes we looked at had sold! Wow. Offers had been submitted on those homes and accepted by the Sellers.  Ryno and I had the same reaction.  Nonetheless, we went back out and looked at the new listings.  I have been out with Ryno on four different occasions to look at homes.  Every time we like a home and get ready to write an offer, it goes into "Pending Sale" status.  We have come to the conclusion, that we need to go and look at these homes, the minute it hits the market, time permitting.

Ryno and I are going to look at homes this weekend.  I am confident he will find a nice home.  The reason why I am blogging on this, is simple: Don't Believe the Doom and Gloom that the media portrays the real estate market!  Take it from someone in the trenches and is on the street level.  The Real Estate Market in Sacramento is on its way back!  The interest rates are great and the prices are good.  The inventories are shrinking.  This is a golden opportunity to jump in and make your first purchase or add to your portfolio!

It's October 8, 2009 and I am Very Bullish on Sacramento!
David Ohara
@dwo34
dwo34@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment