Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Update - One Down
















Good Morning everyone. I hope you are all safe and dry on this first storm of the season for Sacramento.  I wanted to update everyone on one of the blogs I wrote.  The Buyer known as Mr. K had been looking at properties through out Sacramento.  We had made several offers, and in every situation, offering more than listed price.

Over the weekend, I met with Mr. K and we looked at a couple homes and revisited another property that had come back on to the market.  We decided to make an offer on Monday on a property that we liked.  The asking price of the home was $89,900.  We wrote an offer of $95,000, because we did not want to get out bid.  We are also paying cash with a quick close.  I contacted the Seller Monday morning and told her we needed a quick response, because there was another home we were going to offer on if we did not get this one.  She looked at the offer and called me back.  As I expected, there was another offer that was submitted on the home.  She took our offer, because of the quick close and my phoning her to discuss why our offer was better.  Even though the other offer was higher, she elected to accept ours! Wow, finally!

The one thing that buyer's should know is that the "cleanliness" of your submitted offer can be the difference in getting it accepted or declined.  Your offer should be written in  a way that they Seller can accept it as written. If there are too many ambiguities or conditions, the Seller will most likely counter the offer or accept another offer that was better written.  

So Buyer Mr. K has his home! He can now begin to work on a very exciting project that I will be blogging on.  I think this is a very exciting time.  The winds of the market have definitely turned for the better.  Stay positive and optimistic.  If you need information about the market or the interest rates, please contact me.

It's October 13, 2009 and I am very Bullish on Sacramento!
David Ohara
@dwo34
dwo34@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment