Sunday, July 26, 2009

Camping and Twitter?



Hello, I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.  I just returned from a camping trip and I was amazed at the topics of conversations I engaged in.  I went to a place called Orchard Springs at Lake Rollins.  This camp site is about an hour east of Sacramento.  

After setting up camp, my fellow campers and I  started chatting about subjects such as the CA Budget woes, the furloughs, the weather, etc.  To my surprise, some one brought up Twitter.  When I heard "Twitter" my ears perked up and wanted to know where the conversation was going.  Apparently, the media has been talking up "Twitter" and some people have no clue what "Twitter" is all about.  I gave everyone a 10 minute tutorial on what "Twitter" was and my feelings about it and "social networking" in general.  Between the fire, the laughs, the drinks, the snacking, I continued to get more questions about "Twitter."  It's truly amazing the "buzz" that the media and people have generated about "Twitter."  I know have a couple of casual appointments to help a couple friends begin there "Twitter" life.

When I embarked on the camping trip, my furthest thoughts were: cell phones, emails, text messages, Face Book, and Twitter.  Funny how people have to stay "connected" even out in the wilderness at a camp site.  Twitter, I think I just signed up a few more people for you and I sold them on your site at a CAMP SITE. 

It's July 26, 2009 and I am Bullish on Sacramento
David Ohara
@dwo34
dwo34@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment