Monday, July 20, 2009

Great Friends

On Sunday, I attended a Baptism for one of my best friends. Although, I have been to Baptisms before, this one was extra special, because of my close relationship with the mother and father.  Not being Catholic, I never really understood the meaning of a Baptism.  The ceremony was performed at the beautiful Cathedral in downtown Sacramento. There were about 70 of us there to witness.  The Father began to speak and I paid closer attention and watched the family and friends (most were Catholic).  The ceremony lasted about 30 minutes and ended with the parents thanking everyone for witnessing their son becoming a Catholic.  It was quite nice.

After the ceremony, we headed to my friend's place for a get together.  About a 100 people showed up to eat, drink, chat, and catch up with one another.  Everyone had a great time.  I volunteered to be the "bartender" since it was a hot day in Sacramento.  I met new friends and visited with old ones.  Everyone was having a great time.

The food was catered by a mutual friend, and she did a fabulous job.  The beverages were provided by a close friend who owns that type of business, the photographer is a close mutual friend, and the tables and chairs were provided by yet another close mutual friend.  The place looked great.

After many hours of eating, talking, dancing, drinking, and laughing the party wrapped up around 9:00 pm.  Everyone had a great time!  One of the best gatherings I have been to in a long time.

The reason why I felt compelled to blog on this, is simple.  No matter if you are Asian, Hispanic, white, black, republican, democrat, Christian, Catholic, Buddhist, female, male, American, Canadian, Mexican, young or old, we can all get along and co-exist in harmony.  "Great Friends" have no boundaries and yesterday's activities made it even more profound.  Learn to accept the differences in people and we can discover that there are so many "great friends" out in the world to experience.  Thank you G and D for letting me experience this wonderful day with you, our friends, and your families.

July 20, 2009
David Ohara
I am Bullish on Sacramento, CA
@dwo34

No comments:

Post a Comment