Monday, July 27, 2009

Old Friends

Happy Monday to All!
I received a call today from an old friend that I have not seen in a few years, and it's a shame, because Stan and I were very good friends.  We had a ritual of connecting a couple of times a week for golf and lunch.  A good friend who would always have "your back." 

Last week I decided to call Stan and say "hello." He was not in so I left him a message. When he called me back, I wasn't available, but today we reconnected.  After saying "How have you been.... how's your golf game..... how's the family" we decided to schedule a tee time for Wednesday and get back out on the golf course.  I am looking forward to getting out there with Stan.  Not only to golf, but to have him as a close associate.

After the call, I thought to myself  "A call only takes a couple minutes. And even I am so busy that I cannot golf or go to lunch as much as I want to, you could still find the time to call."  I am going to go through my "friend's list" and start calling and saying "Hello..."  It's a shame that I let myself believe that I am so busy to call my friends.  

After this Wednesday, I will dedicate myself to stay in touch with Stan and all my other "Old Friends" for their contributions to my life have made a big impact on what I am today.  It's time to start be proactive and less lazy.  Your "Old Friends" are such valuable pieces of a happy life. Include them in your life and watch the quality of yours increase!

July 27, 2009 and I am Bullish on Sacramento
David Ohara
@dwo34 Twitter
dwo34@aol.com
916-600-9495

No comments:

Post a Comment