Thursday, July 16, 2009

Twitter


Every time I clicked on the news, read the paper, looked at magazines, I always heard the word "Twitter" In late April, I decided to take a look at Twitter and what these 140 characters were all about.  I had a MySpace page, but never really used it as a way to stay in touch with people.  After a few days of Twitter, I became amazed at the reach of those 140 characters.  I started to meet some very nice and interesting people from all over the United States and abroad.  

In a social sense, Twitter is a powerful tool, for I can attest that lasting friendships and bonds can be formulated. I now have some new friends in Hawaii, Washington, Oceanside, San Diego, Denver, Philadelphia, Detroit, Boston, Las Vegas, Texas, and Canada.  These new friends were all met through Twitter.  

In a "connecting" mode, Twitter has helped a family member get reconnected with a long lost friend.  A friend in Hawaii and I were chatting about things and it just so happens that she lost contact with one of her best friends growing up.  Through the power of the 140 characters, I was able to get the two back together after many years of separation.  Twitter has the ability to get the "Six Degrees of Separation" down to one.

Twitter for networking and business, is also a great tool.  In my couple months of Twitter, I have met some potential clients and service providers that my clients can use.  But more importantly, I have been able to call on the knowledge, experience, creativity, and common sense of my peers.  I can pose a scenario, question, or problem I am experiencing and I will get numerous replies on how to tackle my issue. Yes indeed, those 140 characters can be so beneficial.  People from all over have generously offered marketing strategies, new programs, referrals, links to sites that are beneficial to clients.

Not to brag, because I like to be modest, through the help of some great Twitter people: @ModelSupplies, @krystynchong, @webaddict, @TamaraSchilling, @prodigybullies, @SamuraiStyles, @KrazeApparel, @OliviaWilder, @AlohaArleen, @MelissaKeyes, and others, I am ranked in the top 5 in Sacramento for Twitter. Although, that's not my goal, I certainly feel proud of that accomplishment and makes me feel good that I am reaching people.


I also want to start offering reviews of businesses, restaurants, service providers, movies, cars, etc. so that people can have first hand knowledge.  The power of Twitter has so many avenues to help people.

As my profile says "I am dedicated in providing a SMOOTH real estate experience" and Twitter will help me accomplish that goal.  You may find me on twitter @dwo34. Come on in and I'll introduce you to a lot of wonderful people.  You'll be amazed at how much you can accomplish with 140 characters.

Have a great Thursday
David Ohara
@dwo34 (Twitter)

2 comments:

  1. Great posts. Twitter really has helped me like many others due to positive people like you. It is so true about the 6 degrees of separation. Keep it up and you'll be #1 soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my brother. Together we shall grow. Nothing is more satisfying than helping your brothers succeed! Keep up the great work. We'll make Kraze Apparel the number one brand from Hawaii!
    David @dwo34

    ReplyDelete