Friday, July 31, 2009

Relax


Happy Friday to Everyone

Yesterday I had the privilege of getting to play a round of golf with my best friend Ken.  We started the day by going and having breakfast. We had a great time just chatting about life.  Ken and I will usually try to play golf 3 times a month, but we are always paired up with some other people to fill a foursome.   Yesterday, it was Ken and I, our other playing partners were not available.

After a hearty breakfast, Ken and I decided to head out and take a look at a potential investment property that we have the inside track on.  After we did the "kicking the tires" look, we both thought it would be worth taking a shot at. So we are hopefully going to make a bid on the investment property next week.

We then headed out to Wild Horse golf course in Davis, about 15 minutes west of Sacramento.  The course was wide open, so Ken and I got to play as a two some.  Ken had one of his best rounds of the year! I asked him why he played so well and he said "I think I was more relaxed and was at ease." Ken will usually shoot in the mid to high 80s, a good score, considering he doesn't practice, but yesterday he shot an 80.   Same guy, same clubs, same weather conditions, same golf course and yet was 5-9 shots better.  I noticed he was not rushing, he was jovial, he was smiling, and he was relaxed! 

I shot a good score also, and I did feel like I wasn't rushed nor edgy.  After the round, we both said the same thing "When we golf as a two some, we play better, because we can relax, since we are such great friends...." We both need to work on taking this "relaxation" not only to every round of golf we play, but in all facets in life.  In retrospect, my best results in life seem to occur when I am relaxed and at peace with myself.  Not in a rush nor frenzy.  So let's all take a deep breath and learn how to relax and enjoy the journey.

It's July 31, 2009 and I am bullish on Sacramento
David Ohara
@dwo34
dwo34@aol.com
916-600-9495

No comments:

Post a Comment