Monday, August 24, 2009

Goal Setting




Good Monday Morning to Everyone

Last night I was chatting with several friends via Twitter and our conversation turned to "Goal Setting" and the importance of setting goals.  I have always been an advocate of taking the time and committing your thoughts to paper.  As I began to reflect, I noticed that my most productive years had been years that I actually took the time to map out goals for myself, both personally and professionally.

One of my friends was thankful that I assisted her with some goal setting.  As soon as I finished my conversation, I quickly asked myself "Ok, now what are your goals?"  I had no answer.  I had failed to make any goals this year.  In previous years when I wrote out my goals, I would break them down into two groups: Long term goals and Short term goals.

I sat down and came up with a few goals I want to achieve this week.  First, I want to make sure all of the conditions have been met on my Broadway sale.  I'll make sure any loose ends are tied.  Second, I want to make sure that I stay in contact with the lender on my Ebb Tide Street sale and keep everyone informed.  My hope is to get an approval on the short sale this week.  Third, I want to finish with the edits on my upcoming blog on Griselda's Catering. You will thoroughly enjoy reading about her.  Fourth, I am going to begin a new workout program today and will incorporate more fruits and salads in my diet. Finally, I want to get information that was requested to my clients this week. Some of my long term goals are: To continue to work diligently on this blog, read the new books I purchased, employ my new marketing strategy and clean and organize my office.

I will keep you posted on my short term goals. The list is more extensive, but I want to be able to get some realistic goals set and achieved.  I am a firm believer in "If you commit to something in writing, there is a great chance you can achieve it." Goal setting is an important part of one's success.  Plan it and achieve it!

It's August 23, 2009 and I am bullish on Sacramento
David Ohara
@dwo34
dwo34@aol.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder - I need to re-visit my goals ...

    Liza
    A Maui Blog

    ReplyDelete