Saturday, August 15, 2009

Good People



Good Evening Everyone

I wanted to blog about a person I had the opportunity to meet on Friday Night.  As some of you know, I have become sort of a Twitter fanatic in the past couple of months.  I have been impressed with the social capabilities of Twitter.  I have made a lot of "friends" on Twitter.  

One person that I communicate with is Jay.  He is known as @prodigybullies on Twitter.  His name originates from his love of pit bulls.  He was in Northern CA for a Breeders Cup competition for one of his dogs "Tank."  Jay made the trip from Pullman, WA late Thursday and arrived in Northern CA around dinner time.  His drive took about 18 hours and he and Tank arrived in great shape.

Jay and I were able to connect in Vacaville at BJ's restaurant.  It was good to be able to chat with Jay face to face and share good conversation.  He gave me an education of the world of "bullies" and I have a great appreciation of people, like Jay, who treat their dog's the way they do.  I was impressed on the training, traveling, diet, and admiration the owners commit.  I always thought I was a dog lover, but Jay took it to another level.

After spending a couple hours chatting about football, dogs, golf, travel, food, and twitter, we had to call it a night.  Because of Twitter I have another good friend.  I am looking forward to visiting Jay in Pullman, WA and going to a Washington State Cougar football game (Jay is a strength and conditioning football coach at WSU).  This is example is another reason why Twitter can be a great tool to meet good people. Have a safe trip back Jay and give the "Tankster" a high five!!

It's August 15, 2009 and I am Bullish on Sacramento
David Ohara
@dwo34
dwo34@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment